Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Christus Victor Prayer-Walk Rosary

Our neighborhood has been the center of a number of shootings over the past few years. Recently, I have been walking through our neighborhood and praying prayers of intercession over the families in an eight square block area. This prayer is based on the Anglican Rosary prayer bead format.

On the Cross:
Blessed be the Kingdom of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages AMEN.

Invitatory Bead: Psalm 3
How many are my foes O Lord,
How many are rising up against me.
How many are saying about me,
There is no help for him in God.

But you Lord are a shield about me,
My Glory who lift up my head,
I cry aloud to the Lord,
He answers from His Holy Mountain.

I lie down to rest and I sleep,
I wake for the Lord upholds me
I will not fear even thousands of people,
Who are ranged on every side about me.

Arise Lord, save me my God,
You who strike all my foes on the mouth,
You who break the teeth of the wicked,
O Lord of salvation, bless Your people.


Cruciform Beads:
The Lord’s Prayer (emphasis on: ‘deliver us from evil’)

Alternate with this blessing prayer (especially appropriate for prayer over specific places.)

Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.


On the Weeks Beads:
Lord Jesus Christ, son of the living God,
Have mercy on all these families, and
Deliver us from evil.

Concluding Prayer:

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal,
Have mercy on us, and on the whole world (x3).

A Collect for Peace:

O God, the author of peace and lover of concord, to know you is eternal life and to serve you is perfect freedom. Defend us, your humble servants, in all assaults of our enemies; that we, surely trusting in your defense, may not fear the power of any adversaries, through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord and Victor. AMEN.

No comments: